FeliScrow.com Terms And Conditions
Last update: July 2019
- Description of the Service
The Services are Internet-based transaction management and escrow services performed through FeliScrow.com, which Services are intended to facilitate the completion of the underlying transaction under the terms of this Agreement, the Site and the applicable Transaction Escrow Instructions.
- Limits on the Services
The Services are only available for lawful items and items not otherwise excluded by Section 4 below. Limitations on the Services may apply and can be found on the Site or in the General Instructions or Transaction Escrow Instructions. Only registered Users may use the Services. In order to register, you must supply all information required on the Site. Applicable state or federal laws and regulations may further limit the Services.
- Prohibited Transactions
Users shall not utilize the Site or the Services in connection with any Transaction that is illegal or involves any illegal items, or is for any illegal purpose; involves any obscene material; involves any munitions or firearm; involves pirated software, DVD or videos or item(s) otherwise infringing copyrighted works; involves illegal drugs or controlled substances; or involves transactions directly or indirectly involving transactions which Nigerians are prohibited from engaging pursuant to sanctions and export controls administered by the Nigerian Customs Service’s ; or involves transactions directly involving persons (individuals or entities), as Users, who lack capacity to and/or are prohibited from entering contractual relations, such as minors or persons of unsound mind. In addition,
FeliScrow.com, in its sole discretion, may refuse to complete any Transaction that FeliScrow.com has reason to believe is unauthorized or made by someone other than you, may violate any law, rule or regulation, or if FeliScrow.com has reasonable cause not to honor it. Each User agrees to indemnify and hold FeliScrow.com harmless for losses resulting from any use or attempted use of the Services in violation of this Agreement.
- Rejection of Payment
Since the use of a bank account, credit card or debit card account, or the making of an electronic funds transfer may be limited by your agreement with your financial institution and/or by applicable law, FeliScrow.com is not liable to any User if FeliScrow.com does not complete a Transaction as a result of any such limit, or if a financial institution fails to honor any credit or debit to or from an Account. FeliScrow.com may post rules related to payment on the Site and change such rules from time to time.
- General Conditions of Use
If you arrive at the Site through entities linked and/or integrated with FeliScrow.com or otherwise by or through a third party (e.g., an auction, exchange, or Internet-based intermediary that hosts electronic marketplaces and mediates transactions among businesses), then you authorize such third party to transfer relevant data to FeliScrow.com to facilitate the Transaction. You represent and warrant that all information you provide to FeliScrow.com or to such third party will be true, accurate and complete. The party entering into this Agreement on behalf of any User represents and warrants that he/she is authorized to do so and to bind the User and is a natural person of at least eighteen (18) years of age. In order to initiate and commence a Transaction, all Users to a Transaction must register at the Site, agree to all terms in the General Instructions and agree to the Transaction Escrow Instructions.
- Obligations of Sellers
- Each Seller to a Transaction must designate an Account to which payment for the Transaction will be made.
- Each Seller authorizes FeliScrow.com to initiate credit entries to such Seller's Account for payment of the purchase price, or applicable balance due, and to debit Seller's Account to discharge Seller's obligations.
- Each Seller in a Transaction shall deliver the items set forth in Transaction Details page directly to the Buyer (or Buyers), at the address specified by such Buyer as shown on the FeliScrow.com website and on the terms and conditions set forth in the Transaction Escrow Instructions and General Instructions.
- Upon the shipment of the items or the delivery pf the services purchased, Seller shall send FeliScrow.com a notice of shipment by email and also notify the buyer ONLY through our inbuilt chat system.
- Upon delivery of the items set forth on the Transaction Details page Seller shall notify FeliScrow.com and the buyer if the delivery of the items (‘Notice of delivery’) and shall also provide FeliScrow.com with the Transaction Completion Code where applicable.
- In the event FeliScrow.com does not receive the notice of shipment and/or delivery and/or the Transaction Completion Code from Seller within two (2) calendar days of the purchase (where no shipping is required) or notification from FeliScrow.com's notice to Seller to ship the items, Seller authorizes FeliScrow.com to return the escrowed funds (excluding FeliScrow.com fees) to Buyer except as otherwise agreed between the Parties or based on the Seller’s return policy as the case may be.
- In the event where a Buyer rejects a service or returns the delivered product within the “buyer inspection period of 3 days,” the Seller shall have 2 days to inspect the returned item, as the case may be, and either authorize a refund or redeliver, depending on the buyers choice.
- In the event Seller accepts the returned items within the inspection period or fails to act within the inspection period of 2 days, FeliScrow.com shall remit the escrowed funds (excluding FeliScrow.com fees) to Buyer.
- If Seller notifies FeliScrow.com of its non-acceptance of any returned items within the Seller's inspection period, then FeliScrow.com will retain the escrow funds pending resolution of the dispute or take other action as authorized.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary above, if all Users to a Transaction agree on the Transaction Details page that there is no shipping required, then no party hereto will have any obligation under this Agreement with respect to shipping.
- Obligations of Buyers
- On the Transaction Details page, Buyer must designate a payment mechanism and an Account from which the purchase price and related fees will be obtained for the deposit into escrow.
- Depending on the amount of the Transaction and the currency selected for the Transaction, Buyer may remit the necessary funds via various methods, which may include corporate credit card, charge card, debit card or purchasing card, cheque, cashier's cheque,, Bitcoin or wire transfer.
- In the case of wire transfers, Buyer will initiate the wire to an account designated by FeliScrow.com on or before the date set forth in the Transaction Details page.
- Regardless of the payment method, Buyer authorizes FeliScrow.com and FeliScrow.com authorized agents to initiate credit or debit transactions, as applicable, to obtain the purchase price and fees due for a Transaction and to initiate any debit or credit entries or reversals, as the case may be, as may be necessary to correct any error in a payment or transfer and to discharge Buyer's obligations under this Agreement.
- com will deposit funds received from Buyer into an escrow trust account maintained by FeliScrow.com (the "Escrow Account").
- Escrowed deposits do not earn interest for Buyer or Seller.
- Upon receipt and acceptance of the items, Buyer MUST login to their FeliScrow account, navigate to the transaction page and click RELEASE PAYMENT as an acknowledgement that the item or services has been received and certified OK.
- Upon rejection of the items, Buyer must notify FeliScrow.com of its rejection of the items and also notify the Seller of the same ONLY through our inbuilt chat system.
- Upon receipt of the item or service and clicking of RELEASE PAYMENT link on the transaction page, you will be understood as indicating that the items have been received and accepted AND com shall transfer the payment amount (less any amount payable to FeliScrow.com for FeliScrow.com fees) to Seller's Account.
- Subject to FeliScrow.com’s Settlement Policy transfer to a Seller generally will be initiated upon the receipt of a withdrawal request from the Seller and in some cases, within the next business day from the day on which notice of acceptance of the items is received from the Buyer.
- Upon payment of the escrow funds to the Seller pursuant to this Agreement, FeliScrow.com shall be fully released from any and all liability and obligations with respect to the escrow funds and the Transaction.
- If Buyer has not notified FeliScrow.com of the non-receipt or rejection of the items during the Buyer's Inspection Period of 3 days, then Buyer authorizes FeliScrow.com to remit the escrowed funds (excluding FeliScrow.com fees) to the Seller.
- Buyer shall follow the procedures set forth on the Site in the event the items are rejected.
- Our Responsibilities
- com is obligated to perform only those duties expressly described in this Agreement and the General Instructions.
- com shall not be liable for any error in judgment, for any act taken or not taken, or for any mistake of fact or law, except for gross negligence or willful misconduct (subject to the limitations in Section 17 below).
- com may rely upon any notice, demand, request, letter, certificate, agreement or any other document which purports to have been transmitted or signed by or on behalf of a User indicated as the sender or signatory thereof and shall have no duty to make any inquiry or investigation.
- In the event that FeliScrow.com is uncertain as to FeliScrow.com duties or rights under this Agreement, receives any instruction, demand or notice from any User or financial institution which, in FeliScrow.com's opinion, is in conflict with any of the provisions of this Agreement, or any dispute arises with respect to this Agreement or the Escrowed Funds, FeliScrow.com may (i) consult with counsel of our choice (including our own attorneys) and any actions taken or not taken based upon advice of counsel shall be deemed consented to by you, or (ii) refrain from taking any action other than to retain the funds in escrow for delivery in accordance with the written agreement of the Users, the final decision or award of an arbitrator pursuant to an arbitration commenced and conducted in accordance with the General Instructions or a final, non-appealable judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction, or (iii) discharge our duties under this Agreement by depositing all funds by interpleader action with a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with the procedures outlined in the General Instructions.
- com may, at any time, give notice of FeliScrow.com's intent to resign as Escrow Agent. If, within ten (10) days of such notice, FeliScrow.com has not received notice from all Users in a Transaction that they have designated a substitute escrow agent (which notice shall identify the substitute escrow agent), FeliScrow.com may discharge FeliScrow.com duties under this Agreement by depositing all escrowed funds with a court of competent jurisdiction.
- If an alternate Escrow Agent is so designated, FeliScrow.com shall be discharged from FeliScrow.com duties under this Agreement, the General Instructions and the Transaction Escrow Instructions by delivering all escrowed funds to such person or entity.
- Upon payment of the escrow funds pursuant to this Agreement, FeliScrow.com shall be fully released from any and all liability and obligations with respect to the escrow funds and the Transaction.
- Canceling a Transaction
- If a Transaction cannot be completed for any reason, including cancellation by FeliScrow.com for any reason, FeliScrow.com will notify each User in such Transaction by e-mail, to the e-mail address each has provided to FeliScrow.com.
- In FeliScrow.com's sole discretion, FeliScrow.com may cancel any Transaction if any User in a Transaction fails to agree on the terms as required in the Transaction Details page. You may cancel a Transaction as provided in this Agreement, on the General Instructions or in the Transaction Escrow Instructions.
- Questions about the Services
- Though the total escrowed amount payed by a buyer is displayed on your dashboard for your verification, you may inquire about payments made through the Service by calling the number that appears on the Site or by filling out the customer service form.
- If you believe an error has been made or there has been any unauthorized use of your Account or the Services you agree to, you have the obligation to reject the payment by clicking the REKECT PAYMENT button on the transaction page or call/send an e-mail as soon as possible, but no later than forty-eight hours after you became aware of an error.
- When you contact FeliScrow.com, please be prepared to provide your name, FeliScrow.com reference number and your email address which you have registered on the FeliScrow.com site.
- Statements & Verification
- You agree that all disclosures and communications regarding this Agreement and the Service shall be made by e-mail or on the Site using our inbuilt chat system.
- com shall not take into account or regard any communication between buyers and sellers made outside of the Site and without using our inbuilt chat system.
- Digital Identification
- You understand and agree that FeliScrow.com will create, issue, and verify a digital identification (a "Digital ID") for each User. This Digital ID is attached to each accepted electronic document and notification e-mails. You agree that your Digital ID is a valid "Electronic Signature." Please review the General Instructions for more information about FeliScrow.com's use of the Digital ID.
- All users aagree to pay the fees for the Services that are disclosed on the Site at the time the completed Transaction Escrow Instructions are agreed to by all such Users, as well as any other fees. Once paid,
- com fees are nonrefundable. FeliScrow.com fees may change from time to time in FeliScrow.com's absolute and sole discretion.
- com is not responsible for payment of any sales, use, personal property or other governmental tax or levy imposed on any items purchased or sold through the Services or otherwise arising from the Transaction.
- com uses a security protocol that provides data encryption, server authentication, and message integrity for connections to the Internet to ensure that the data you provide FeliScrow.com is not transmitted over the Internet unencrypted and cannot be viewed by unauthorized individuals.
- com has also implemented a security system requiring a user ID and a password to access your transactions on the Site. You agree not to give your password to any other person or entity and to protect it from being used or discovered by anyone else.
- You also agree not to give your payment or card details to anyone else regardless of whether they are FeliScrow.com users or not. Should your payment be details be saved on another person’s account, FeliScrow.com holds no liability for the initiation of credit or debit transactions, as applicable, obtainment of the purchase price and fees due for a Transaction and initiation of any debit or credit entries or reversals, as the case may be charged to your card(s) or on the basis of your payment/account details.
- You expressly agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on a strictly "as is" and "as available" basis.
- com MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH REGARD TO THE UNDERLYING TRANSACTION, ANY ITEMS OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR FREE.
- com expressly disclaims any and all express and implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- com shall not be liable or responsible for those guarantees, warranties and representations, if any, offered by any Seller of items. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from FeliScrow.com or through the Services shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- You acknowledge and agree that FeliScrow.com does not endorse the website of any third party, or assume responsibility or liability for the accuracy of any material contained therein, or any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom, or any fraud or other crime facilitated thereby. In no event will FeliScrow.com be liable for any act or omission of any third party, including, but not limited to, your financial institution, any payment system, any third party service provider, any provider of telecommunications services, Internet access or computer equipment or software, any mail or delivery service or any payment or clearing house system or for any circumstances beyond FeliScrow.com's control (including but not limited to, fire, flood or other natural disaster, war, riot, strike, terrorism, act of civil or military authority, equipment failure, computer virus, infiltration or hacking by a third party, or failure or interruption of electrical, telecommunications or other utility services).
- Limitation of Liability
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER FeliScrow.com NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
- Termination of Services
- com may suspend or terminate your use of the Services at any time, without notice for any reason, in FeliScrow.com's sole discretion. Except as warranted by risk to the security, privacy or integrity of the Services, FeliScrow.com will attempt to provide you with prior notice of the suspension or termination of the Services by sending you an e-mail, but FeliScrow.com is not obligated to do so.
- You shall remain liable for all Transactions you initiate through the Services prior to such termination, and the performance of your obligations, including but not limited to, the delivery of the items and the payment of all amounts you owe prior to termination or discontinuation of your use of the Services.
- You agree to pay all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that FeliScrow.com may incur in order to (a) collect any amounts you owe under this Agreement, the General Instructions, or the Transaction Escrow Instructions or (b) to initiate an arbitration or judicial proceeding to resolve a dispute between Buyer and Seller, as set forth in the General Instructions.
- Non-Transferability of the Services
- You may not assign this Agreement or the Escrow Instructions to any other person or entity.
- Your right to use the Services shall not be sold or transferred to any other person or entity without the prior written consent of FeliScrow.com.
- com may assign this Agreement upon notice to you. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
- com reserves the right to change this Agreement, or any portion of it, at any time, without prior notice, provided that no such change will apply to a Transaction once the Users to such Transaction have agreed to the Transaction Escrow Instructions.
- You understand that the most recent version of this Agreement will be located on the Site.
- You agree to indemnify and hold FeliScrow.com, FeliScrow.com affiliates and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and assigns, harmless from any claim, demand, expense or damage, including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs, arising from or relating to your use of the Services or any violation of this Agreement, the rules contained on the Site or the Transaction Escrow Instructions, including, without limitation, payment of FeliScrow.com fees and any charge backs from a card organization or reversal or nonpayment of any credit or debit entry.
- In the event of any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement arising from or relating to, this Agreement or to the Underlying Transaction, or breach of any of them, you agree to resolve such dispute in the manner set forth in the General Instructions.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Any dispute shall be resolved pursuant to the Dispute Resolution and Governing Law/Venue provisions of the General Instructions. This Agreement in conjunction with the General Instructions and rules contained on the Site constitutes the entire agreement between FeliScrow.com and you relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, communications and/or advertising with respect to such subject matter.
- The General Instructions are incorporated herein by this reference. FeliScrow.com's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by FeliScrow.com in writing.
- If any term or other provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or incapable of being enforced by any law or public policy, all other terms and provisions of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect for so long as the economic or legal substance of the transactions contemplated hereby is not affected in any manner materially adverse to any party hereto.
- com may assign this Agreement to any current or future affiliated company and to any successor in interest.
- com also may delegate certain of FeliScrow.com rights and responsibilities under the Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
Revised July, 2019